Jupiter’s real estate activities are focused on opportunistic investments in fee simple real estate, leaseholds, and mortgages where entitlement, development, leasing and management expertise can add value. We seek to take advantage of the inefficient nature of the real estate markets, and invest across a broad range of property types, with investments typically involving the purchase of assets at a significant discount to replacement cost, or development to a higher and better use. Our emphasis is on negotiated, non-auction transactions. Over the past decade, Jupiter, its affiliates and principals have completed more than 100 real estate investment transactions with an aggregate value exceeding $3 billion.
- $10 - $500+ million equity investments
- Individual assets or portfolios / entities
- Single/Multi Family Residential
- Land (Entitled or Unentitled)
- Major and secondary markets across the U.S.
- Preference for the Western U.S.
- 3-10 years typically, although sometimes shorter or longer
- 13+% IRRs with each investment evaluated independently as to risk-return characteristics
- Close many transactions without third party debt